Software Engineer and Workflow Automation Developer
Our company is growing and we need team players to join our forces!
Digital Media Engineer
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Digital Media Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing media management and media distribution workflows for internal and external customers. The Digital Media Engineer is responsible for development of software and tools to automate media processes using cutting edge technology and in house tools/techniques.
The ideal candidate has held a media engineering / software development role at a media and entertainment company for at least 2 years and has experience building automated digital media workflows from scratch.
- Defines and builds new software solutions in concert with customer needs and business model
- Proactively enhances existing software in line with customer requests/feedback and product strategy
- Develops/codes to create software
- Leverages the latest advancements in technology to build enterprise class solutions for customers
- Maintains transparent communication with all internal teams, keeping stake holders abreast of any changes/updates/issues
- Maintains a strong understanding of media and entertainment workflows, business dynamics, and typical issues
- Effectively analyzes and communicates information in order to resolve issues and concerns as they arise
- Maintains a positive team relationship through both written and verbal communication with high quality and a positive attitude
- 2+ years of experience working in a media engineering / development role (ideally at a media and entertainment focused company)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field is preferred
- Possesses strong programming knowledge and stays abreast of programming tends/technology changes
- Strong familiarity with MySQL, AWS Services (S3, Glacier, EC2 (Linux), SQS), REST API, Cron Jobs, CSS, and FFMPEG
- Familiarity with Rhozet, Pulsar, Cold Fusion, JSON, AJAX, Jquery, FFPROBE a plus
- Working knowledge of digital media workflows, tools, and concepts
- Working knowledge of film/video/audio concepts, such as resolution, frame rate, NTSC, PAL, HD, file formats, file codecs, etc.
- Excellent ability to interact in a clear and logical manner
- Fosters open communication; thoroughly qualified at expressing ideas and instructions in team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both external and internal
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite of applications and various web applications (Google Drive, Trello, Slack, etc.)
- Ability to prepare e-mails and professionally communicate both written and verbally
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to clearly and transparently communicate internally and externally
- Ability to work in a self-directed and fast-paced work environment
- Requires keen attention to detail
- Must be self-starter and be able to work with no supervision
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
Position: Full Time
Desired Skills and Experience
You must be a go-getter, have a strong attitude.
Work well with a small team
Proactive, take initiative, innovative, etc.
Have the below skills:
- Software Development and Engineering (preferably within Media Entertainment)
- Digital Media
- Digital Video
- Digital Asset Management
- Software Documentation
- Digital Distribution
- Web Development
- Programming: PHP, etc.
To apply for this position e-mail us @